Friday, 30 March 2012

From Concept to Completion

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Model: Tammy
Photographer: Lighthouse Photography
Styling and Outfit: Promise

Here are some pictures from the photo-shoot of our outfits or our Final Major Project.
Not so happy with the photographers work, I think he was more concerned about getting that one perfect shot than giving us variety so most of my pictures look like this. 
Me and my friend were planning to do another photo-shoot once all our garments where done anyway.

I might have said this before, but I'll just say it again. For our FMP we had to pick a retailer, design a range and make 2-3 outfits. My chosen retailer was REISS for A/W 2012/13, I wanted to create a range that would be suitable for the everyday woman whether she's going to work, picking the children up from school or going for drinks with the girls. With the designs consisting of a minimalist and androgynous look that could be worn with both heels and flats, but keeping the designs in line with the REISS aesthetic and target customer.

I'm in the process of making a pair of trousers, and I still need to make a jacket and shirt. I was hoping to make a third outfit, but we're not that experienced in making or shall I say I'm not experienced in making, so it takes longer, especially little things like zips. So, hopefully I will have time to make a third outfit or maybe I will just add 2 garments that can be used for wardrobe building purposes.

This jacket so needs a pocket, but I've already attached the lining,and the trousers could be a little skinnier too, oh well.

16 comments:

  1. i think this photoshoot for your fmp looks perfect for the everyday look, yeah maybe some pockets and sunnies for style points? :) xx

    http://moncheri-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well. I love this look! Pockets would also be nice with the jacket!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God I actually love this, the sketch and end result are really good. I think you should make the pockets leather, that'll be super cute! but that's just my opinion lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice...well done!!!! I like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls...too late to add the pockets now, because I've already attached the lining, but the next Jacket I'm making has one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you did well! I like the idea of pockets!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are insanely talented my dear! you're aesthetic is quite amazing I totally read REISS

    - PRADA SUNNIES GIVEAWAY -
    - PRADA SUNNIES GIVEAWAY -

    sunnie
    (.=

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love the styling looks so cool and effortless xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, you've got skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done! The jacket is very chic. Good luck on your FMP, I know how much of a trying time it can be.
    Strut Mode

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely amazing! When I saw the sketches and shots I was thinking hmm where can I buy this blazer lol! Job well done!!

    Tolu from www.fashinateme.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. great look!i really looove the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So soon we will be buying from Promise... already sounds like a correct brand.
    Love, the blazer is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job, Promis! The jacket already looks fantastic as it is.

    ReplyDelete